To enroll in Job Corps, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 16, but not yet 25 years old, on the date of arrival at a Job Corps center (i.e., time of enrollment). For otherwise eligible individuals with disabilities, the maximum age limit may be waived (the minimum age is still 16)
- Have a signed consent form for automatic Selective Service registration (for male applicants).
- Be a United States citizen, a United States national, a lawfully admitted permanent resident alien, refugee, asylum seeker, or parolee, or other alien who has been authorized by the Attorney General to work in the United States.
- Be a low-income individual.
- Be an individual who is one or more of the following:
- A school dropout
- An individual who requires additional education, vocational training, or intensive career counseling and related assistance in order to participate successfully in regular schoolwork or to secure and hold employment
- Basic skills deficient
- Homeless, runaway, or a foster child
- A parent